Mother & baby Matters is a highly specialized and comprehensive maternal/infant/family doula agency servicing the Washington DC, VA and MD area since 1991. The goal of our program is to assist the new mother in creating a personally fulfilling birth and postpartum experience. Our doulas (pronounced Doo-lahs) a Greek word for those who "mother the new mother" provide professional assistance through motherly care with gentleness, guidance and expertise to assure a good transition for you, your family and your newborn. We are designed to support mothers and their families during the wonderful but overwhelming time surrounding childbirth/adoption and postpartum care. Let us be your baby nurse, lactation consultant or newborn night nurse.
The Mother & baby Matters Difference
Our providers have decades of collective experience specializing in these critical areas of mother and baby care. In order to meet the full-scope needs of new families, our agency offers both day and overnight plans, phone and in-home consultative visits, labor support, sleep coaching, lactation support, to include any combination of these service plans.
What Sets Us Apart:
- Complimentary lactation visits with all service plans
- Flexible scheduling (with backup support)
- Longevity of staff (many have 10+ years)
- MbM staff are required to maintain Professional Practice Requirements set by the Department of Health and Continuing Education Units each year provided in-house based on practice standards recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics and American College of OBGYNs.
- Military and Volume Discounts
- Payment Plans via Credit Card and PayPal
- Ongoing consultative advice with Maternal/Infant Health Specialist/Owner Gerri Levrini, RN, MSN, CNAA